Please include the following items when you apply: (PER APPLICATION)
- Fully completed application.
- State ID or Driver’s License .
- Social Security Card (or acceptable second form of ID).
- $50 money order or cashiers check if you are coming into the office.
BCI Properties LLC operates in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Act, as well as all state and local fair housing and civil rights laws. We do not discriminate against any person based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sex, familial status, handicap, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable state or local laws.
The Rental Criteria below outlines some of the policies for this community with regard to standards that may be required by each applicant in order to be approved for residency.
- 24 months valid, verifiable rental history.
- Valid rental history is a written lease or month-to-month agreement.
- If rental history is less than 24 months then a cosigner may be requested.
- One (1) or more late payments, NSF checks and/or noise complaints within 24 months may result
- Final recommendation will also be dependent on income, credit and employment history
- Minimum credit score of 600
- Derogatory credit history may result in denial.
- Final recommendation will also be dependent on income, rental and employment history.
- Unverifiable current employment may result in denial.
- Final recommendation will also be dependent on income, rental and credit history.
- Monthly verifiable income must be equal to at least 3 times the monthly rental amount, determined
in accordance with Section 14.08.40 F. of the Seattle Municipal Code.
- If income is less than 3 times the rental amount, it may require a qualified cosigner or result in denial.
Co-signer income must be 3 times the rental amount.
- Final recommendation will also be dependent on rental, credit and employment history.
Acceptable documentation for verifiable income varies based on the income source. Generally accepted documentation may include 2 consecutive (recent) paystubs, most recent tax returns, W2, Leave & Earnings Statement (LES), Statement of Social Security Benefits, I20 (International Students), etc.
SECTION 8 APPLICANT CRITERIA:
All Section 8 applicants are required to meet the same criteria as stated above, with the exception that the applicant only needs to meet income requirements for their portion of the rent. Recommendations will be made following the above set standards.
COSIGNER QUALIFICATION CRITERIA:
A cosigner will be APPROVED if all the qualifications below are met, if the cosigner does not meet any 1 of the following criteria then the cosigner will not qualify.
- RENTAL HISTORY: 1 year of valid and verifiable rental or mortgage history with no late payments
- CREDIT SCORE: Minimum of 600
- EMPLOYMENT: 24 months with current employer or previous employment in same field of work.
- INCOME: 3 times the rental amount of the unit in verifiable, garnishable income.
GROUNDS FOR DENIAL WILL RESULT FROM THE FOLLOWING ON ALL APPLICANTS:
- Verified unpaid eviction showing on credit report or confirmed with landlord.
- Unpaid rental collection verified on credit report.
- Balance owing to landlord.
- Unverifiable social security number.
- Falsification of rental application.
- Breaking lease agreement that will result in collection filing.
CITY OF SEATTLE DISCLOSURE:
Applicants are notified that landlords in the City of Seattle are prohibited from requiring disclosure, asking about, rejecting an applicant, or taking an adverse action based on any arrest record, conviction record, or criminal history, except for registry information as described in subsections 14.09.025.A.3,
14.09.025.A.4, and 14.09.025.A.5, and subject to the exclusions and legal requirements in Section 14.09.115. Applicants are further notified that the application is based on the screening criteria for this community, which is attached to this application. Applicant may provide supplemental information related to Applicant’s rehabilitation, good conduct, and facts or explanations regarding their registry information.
OUTSIDE OF SEATTLE CITY LIMITS:
We do not automatically deny applicants based on criminal history. Rather, criminal history is considered based on the nature of the offense and time passed since the date of final disposition (e.g. applicant was released from prison, probation or parole). We limit consideration to those convictions, the dates of final disposition of which pre-date the report by no more than seven years. Note that convictions for the following offenses may result in denial:
- Murder (1st and 2nd degree)
- Kidnapping (All counts)
- Manslaughter (1st degree)
- Theft (1st & 2nd degree)
- Assault 1st, 2nd & 3rd degree)
- Burglary (1st, 2nd degree & vehicle prowling 1st degree)
- Robbery (1st & 2nd degree)
- Malicious Mischief (1st degree)
- Rape (All counts)
- Arson (1st, 2nd degree & Reckless Burning 1st degree)
- Child molestation (All counts)
- Delivery or Sale of illegal substance(s) (All counts)
- Rape of a child (All counts)
- Possession with intent to Deliver Illegal Substance (All counts)
- Outstanding criminal warrant
- Any Terror Related Activity
Any criminal conviction which results in a registered sex offender requirement and/or any current sex offender registry requirement.
A criminal records search will be performed for felony and misdemeanor offenses. All felony and misdemeanor offenses must be disclosed on the rental application.
Valid Photo Identification will be required of all applicants.
Consider this statement as notification that we do not accept a comprehensive reusable tenant screening report, as defined by RCW 59.18.257.
Please be advised: Under the City of Seattle Ordinance 125222, Tenant may be allowed to pay the security deposit, pet deposit, move-in fees and last month’s rent in installments. The payment plan must be structured as follows, unless otherwise agreed to by Landlord and Tenant: six consecutive and equal payments for leases that are six months or longer; or four consecutive and equal payments for leases between 30 days and six months.